Florian Beyer is interested in mathematical questions in GR and cosmology, such as strong cosmic censorship, the BKL and the cosmic no-hair conjectures. He is developing and using the theory of Fuchsian PDE.
Jörg Hennig studies cosmological models and their causality structure using exact solution methods. He is also well known for his work on fully spectral methods for the numerical solution of hyperbolic PDE.
Apart from the work on the global structure of space-times, Jörg Frauendiener is interested in the Riemann surfaces, which appear in the context of integrable systems of PDEs. He is also working on issues of quasi-local mass in GR. A recent interest is the computational determination of capillary surfaces and their applications.
Robert Thompson works on transformation optics, electrodynamics on curved manifolds, the covariant formulation of electrodynamics in ponderable media and analogue space-times.
- Behavior of asymptotically electro-Λ spacetimes
Vee-Liem Saw, 2017 Physical Review D 95, 084038.
- Fully pseudospectral solution of the conformally invariant wave equation near the cylinder at spacelike infinity. II: Schwarzschild background
Jörg Frauendiener and Jörg Hennig, 2017 Class. Quantum Grav. 34 045005.
- Mass-loss of an isolated gravitating system due to energy carried away by gravitational waves with a cosmological constant
Vee-Liem Saw, 2016 Physical Review D 94, 104004.
- New Gowdy-symmetric vacuum and electrovacuum solutions
Jörg Hennig, 2016 Class. Quantum Grav. 33 135005
- Gowdy-symmetric cosmological models with Cauchy horizons ruled by non-closed null generators
Jörg Hennig, 2016 J. Math. Phys. 57 082501
- Numerical solutions of Einstein’s equations for cosmological spacetimes with spatial topology S3 and symmetry group U(1)
Florian Beyer, Leon Escobar, Jörg Frauendiener, Physical Review D, 93, 043009, 2016.
- Constructing vacuum spacetimes by generating manifolds of revolution around a curve
Vee-Liem Saw, 2016 Class. Quantum Grav. 33 065006.
- A spectral method for half-integer spin fields based on spin-weighted spherical harmonics
F. Beyer, B. Daszuta, and J. Frauendiener, 2015 Class. Quantum Grav. 32(17) 175013.
- Geometric relations for rotating and charged AdS black holes
J. Hennig, 2014 Class. Quantum Grav. 31, 135005.
- An exact smooth Gowdy-symmetric generalized Taub-NUT solution
F. Beyer and J. Hennig, 2014 Class. Quantum Grav. 31 095010.
- Numerical evolution of plane gravitational waves in the Friedrich-Nagy gauge
J. Frauendiener, C. Stevens and B. Whale, 2014 Phys. Rev. D 89, 104026.
- Numerical evolutions of fields on the 2-sphere using a spectral method based on spin-weighted spherical harmonics
F. Beyer, B. Daszuta, J. Frauendiener and B. Whale, 2014 Class. Quantum Grav. 31 075019.
- Fully pseudospectral solution of the conformally invariant wave equation near the cylinder at spacelike infinity
J. Frauendiener and J. Hennig, 2014 Class. Quantum Grav. 31 085010.
- Stationary black-hole binaries: A non-existence proof
G. Neugebauer and J. Hennig, 2014, in General Relativity, Cosmology and Astrophysics – Perspectives 100 years after Einstein’s stay in Prague, Fundamental Theories of Physics 177
- Graceful exit from inflation for minimally coupled Bianchi A scalar field models
F. Beyer and L. Escobar, 2013 Class. Quantum Grav. 30 195020.
- Fully pseudospectral time evolution and its application to 1+1 dimensional physical problems
J. Hennig, 2013 J. Comput. Phys. 235, 322.
- Smooth Gowdy symmetric generalized Taub-NUT solutions
F. Beyer and J. Hennig, 2012 Class. Quantum Grav. 29 245017.
- Numerical space-times near space-like and null infinity. The spin-2 system on Minkowski space
F. Beyer, G. Doulis, J. Frauendiener and B. Whale, 2012 Class. Quantum Grav. 29 245013.
- Stationary two-black-hole configurations: A non-existence proof
G. Neugebauer and J. Hennig, 2012 J. Geom. Phys. 62, 613.
- General Relativistic Contributions in Transformation Optics
Robert T Thompson 2012 J. Opt. 14 015102